Currently unavailable - Sage Payroll Self-Study Workbooks
The best alternative is:
To speak to an adviser, please call 0330 335 0011
Sage 50 Payroll Workbooks
Looking to work through the course material at your own pace? These tutor-supported workbooks may be just the thing you’re looking for. They’re perfect if you’re considering a new profession or learning skills to expand your current job role.
Based on the Sage classroom course content Sage 50 Payroll self-study workbooks cover areas including tax month-end processing, RTI submissions, processing statutory payments, and holiday schemes.
Each stage includes:
- Physical training workbooks are written in jargon-free language by Sage experts
- 180-day version of Sage 50 Payroll1
- Practical exercises to help familiarise yourself with the software
- Official Sage Certification test
- Optional Tutor Support from the UK's no.1 Sage Training Partner2
The Sage Certification test comprises of a 60-minute online exam that can be taken at a time convenient for you. The tests are open book meaning you can use your workbooks and demo data.
Stage 1: Setting up Payroll
- Configure the software to suit company requirements
- Use password protection and restrict user access
- Check the legislation settings in your software
- Create pay elements for payments, deductions and net payments and understand the pay element reports
- Understand the methods of creating, editing and customising employee records
- Create basic pension schemes
- Set up the nominal link to post salary journals to your accounts software
Stage 2: Processing Payroll
- Run a basic weekly/monthly payroll run including emailing payslips to your employees
- Submit/perform RTI routines, including submitting the Full Payment Submission (FPS), and National Insurance Number Verification (NVR)
- Make changes using the rollback function
- Complete period end routines, which includes producing and analysing the P32
- Process electronic payments to your employees and HMRC and submit electronic documents directly from Sage 50 Payroll
- Process the nominal link postings to your accounts software
- Set up and process automatic enrolment pensions, with and without the Pensions Module
Stage 3: Statutory Payments, Holiday Schemes and Editing Payslips
- Process statutory payments and calculate employee entitlement
- Allocate and process attachments of earnings
- Create holiday schemes and record holidays
- Produce historical reports including payslips
- Perform a pay review to determine the impact of changes to employees' pay
- Understand when and how to submit the Employer Payment Summary (EPS)
- Edit existing payslips to show in a different order and add email settings
1 Instructions on how to access the 180-day version of the software is included within the workbook(s).
2 Tutor support includes online (email) support for 180 days in line with the 180-day version of Sage 50 Accounts that is provided with the workbook(s).